Saturday, September 18, 2004

Well here I am.
Halls this time round is St Peter Hilton and I'm nearly unpacked.
Well ok, all I've done is arrange several hundred posters and sorted out internet access.
Bit of a nightmare getting up here too, We decided not to go along the usual route of the M1 and went via Cambridge.
Big Mistake, part of the dual carriageway was shut and we had to sit in a jam for twenty minutes and then once we got going again, we discovered part of the carriageway was shut elsewhere, so we got Diverted back to Northampton,
so we went sidewards basically for 2 hours before realising that we'd also be gradually heading back "dahn sarf." and finally found ourselves, lost in Kettering, which was exciting as I go past that all the time on the train so it was nice to tour it via car.
Dad didn't see the funny side or appeciate the tour. Don't know why though!
Listened to TALKSPORT and keeping up to date with Charlton on SKYSPORTS website. (They Drew 1-1 and Luke Young scored - AGAIN!)
I have proudly hung my Charlton Pennant out the window, so everyone can see it!
I've not really met anyone here yet, apart from an American girl called Simone, I was a bit worried as the fridge and freezer was full so haven't yet gone shopping, will have to do that either tomorrow or Monday as MH is coming down and we might go to The Friary to watch Chelsea/Spurs, andTP comes tomorrow too, so I won't be lonely and will have a chum.
Right, I'd better start unpacking, I'll want to sleep on my bed at some point tonight!

No comments: