Friday, September 24, 2004

Urk, all these late nights are starting to catch up with me.
I have a horrible dry throat and my eyes are heavy and tired. I have been challenged (mainly by those who know my love for sleep) to have a whole week of "going outs."
I like the idea of a challenge but am afraid my body isnt so impressed.
Finally enrolled today, after several cock-ups (as usual) and queueing I am now enrolled, and it only took me three hours.
Havent got my loan cheque yet though, mainly cos I have been besiged (sp?) by hundreds of sheets of ex-trees and have lost the only essential bit of paper, yes the one needed for me to collect the loan.
Bastards. I have also lost the teeny enrolment form they've given me, which is about 3 inches tall and 12 inches long.
Honestly, I bet they did that on purpose, if we need a new one of those, they charge us a fiver for it.
Absolutely gutted that Charlton/Palarse will be on a wednesday night.
If i had just one module on Thursdays I'd have bunked off and came home for it. But I also joined up for Rainforests To Deserts, to make up my missing module.
And yup, its on a Thursday afternoon, now I could live with myself for missing one lecture, but two?
I'd feel bad.
I've investigated the Trainline website and it is possible that I could get the 10:25 train and get into Derby at 12.05.
If the lecture starts at one, i'd be pushing it to get across Derby in an hour, once lectures start I'll know if its a 2pm kick off.
Could I manage to get home, cheer the addicks on, get a one hour 40 min train, plus one hour to get across London, plus another hour to get across Derby and still be fairly alert for my lecture?
Oh dear!
I REALLY want to go, but don't know if its really possible without me being a zombie, and I'd be spending another £27 to come home that same weekend for the middlesborough game.
What do you reckon? Will it be possible, and will I be able to get away with it?

3 comments:

Inspector Sands said...

Lemme see... I live around the corner from The Valley, and always allow 50-60 minutes to any of those north-side mainline stations.

7.45 kick-off - will end at 9.40. Probably not unless you leave before the end, and get a cab to North Greenwich to avoid the Charlton station crowds, and it'll still be tight.

8.00 kick-off - *sucks teeth, shakes head*

Inspector Sands said...

It's now an 8pm kick-off on Wednesday, unfortunately...

Charby said...

*Sob*