Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Oh dear God.
It all suddenly became very, very clear why we have been losing very badly on the away games, we were SHOCKING!!
It was nearly as bad as my personal Worst-Match-Ever-Watched-At-The-Valley game (0-6 v Leeds)
In fact the camera man got bored half way through the first half and filmed the crowd for 5 mins in the first half.
Our Midfield had forgotten how to pass a ball, just as I feared and I think Murphy was exceptionally bad, I'm convinced after conferring with E that he only made one successful pass.
Deano is to thanks for us not losing 3-0, although He was a bit dodgey at times, but luckily he managed to collect his second £50 of the season, He did pull off a couple of wonder saves though, one at close range.
Perhaps it was best summed up by the lack of half time highlights, which disappointed me as I wanted to see Kelly Holmes again parading around in her new Charlton Shirt.
Yes Kelly is a Charlton fan, beats having Jim Davidson as Our celebrity Fan, although I did hear Steve Rider from Grandstand is also a fan...
My other Half Time Highlight was that Scary Matthew told me and E and C that he had taken up Ballet for his Drama course, and believe me, he's called Scary Matthew for a reason, so I can just picture him prancing about in a tutu.
NOW that would have been a half time highlight to see!
And I managed to do all 5 Spot the Differences in The Junior Reds page.
Normally its:
"Brat help! I can only get 3!"
(Its HARD ok?!)
The Next match I'll be seeing is against Blackburn Rovers, in a bar in Derby, and hopefully It'll be better than THAT.
Its gonna be strange, cos all the people that I used to go watch football with, MH, V,M,N STF etc will have left, although I did hear that STF is still around, so I can take the mick outta Shrewsbury!
I'm not so keen on watching the football in a bar on my own, I get funny looks for being in there in the first place, as (often) the only girl, and even funnier looks for being the only Charlton supporter there too so I may have to hold back on the teasing if I want someone to watch the football with!
As long as My lectures work out ok, I should be able to get to the Newcastle game on the 17th, but as its a Sunday evening game it could be dicey, getting back to Derby.
If I can't make that, I'm away from The Valley till Oct 30!!!!
How Will I cope?!!

4 comments:

ChicagoAddick said...

No strange looks from people in bars here because I am the only person in the whole bar in front of the tele at 2 in the afternoon!

By the way, once spent a very enjoyable afternoon at a charity lunch with Steve Rider and he is a self confessed Addick and attends games whenever he is not working.

Flash said...

ah my club never give me any moments of sheer joy anymore so i'm afraid i have great glee in saying that being reminded of that 6-0 drubbing they gave your lot my me very happy (smirk)

Charby said...

I've actually found out that he was filming a kid that had got hit by a football and hurt.

Inspector Sands said...

Yup, Rider is a Charlton fan - brought up in Charlton Village, too.