Sunday, September 26, 2004

Random Derbyshire Villages No.3: MATLOCK BATH.

Matlock Bath, is possibly the most fun out of all the villages I've been to so far, Yes Dovedale was stunningly picturesque and Bakewell was ok in its old-fashionedness, but Matlock Bath. (Not to be confused with plain Matlock) was F-U-N-K-Y!
Its got the air of a seaside town, with lots of amusement arcades and fish and chip shops, and you could definately spend a nice weekend there, without getting too bored.
We rode the Heights Of Abraham up the cliffs and then went and explored inside some of them, I had to duck in places and I'm only 5ft 2. So anyone taller must have a problem, it was really cold in there and I stole a piece of rock, once they had run around in virtual blackness mining the lead.
It was well worth the £8 to get in and that also gave you a discount for half price to come back again another day.
We ate chips by the river and fed the ducks and I explored the aquarium (I found Nemo!) and above that was a really cool holographic exhibition, I filmed some of them, like the Frankenstein that came alive and smiled at you as you walked past, and the puzzle cube that made itself.
Just got back now to find that the heat from downstairs has caused all my posters to fall off and I've been given a perminant link on Forever Charlton, cool.

1 comment:

Charby said...

Hehe.
If people come here looking for insight, they are sadly lost.
its just random gibberish that proves to the world that I am sadly obsessed - but not wanting to be cured!