Thursday, September 02, 2004

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.
I just found THE best job, working for the London Wildlife Trusts as an information Officer.
It needed people that could use Word and Excel and Access and GIS (I dunno what the last one is and only a vague idea on Access but still)
knowledge of biological recording methods and all the other shit, plus a degree and I'd have got £20,610 a YEAR!!!
Ok I've never had a job so don't know if that's good or not, but I guessed that minimum wage was probably about £8000 (correct me if i'm wrong)
I want to have saved AT LEAST £3k for me trip (possibly taking place in 2006) but OH My God!
It would have done me quite happily, without beating my own boat, and getting cocky, I could do the vast majority of it standing on my head (If i could stand on my head)
Absolutely Gutted.
But at least I know there are jobs out there in London for a zoologist which has cheered me up no end, If there's one availible now, there's gotta be one availble in January for me.
Hasnt there?
*mental note* Tell E about job 2moro, she could try for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...errr, yeah - 20k is an excellent starting wage...take it from someone who has gone back to earning the average wage at the age of 43 :^)...

still bill(y)