Thursday, September 02, 2004

Poor Dad's suffering, says its worse than when he had the kidney out, he crawls around like an old man, obviously we're taking the mickey something chronic.
I've just been riding and now I feel shattered, Molly, the horse I ride most often, is difficult, I think she'd be better off as a one rider horse than a Riding school nag.
The little kids get over excited cos she goes fast and wind her up, and it doesnt take her much to get her wound up and then she's hopeless for the rest of the ride and it takes all my strength to calm her down and have some form of control.
I dunno what set her off today, It was only me and E, but she wasn't in a good frame of mind and got more and more stroppy as the time went on, bouncing on the spot and dancing at mysterious invisible(but not to her) Dragons in the corner.
Anyway, by the time I was finished I was sweaty, dirty (she gives good hugs) and barely able to stand with no strength whatsoever.
The best thing about toddling around in my riding clothes is the looks you get, I could understand if I was in full dressage gear or hunting outfit, but I wasnt'
I was just pootling down to the Standard to catch the 202, in a 5 year old Charlton shirt, old jodpurs and short dark boots and carrying my hat in my hand.
(Hello to the idiots in the Garage near to the Royal Oak!)
And the reaction you get is strange, my Brat hangs around with Goths and Rockers and says I get more of a reaction when I have my riding gear on.
People slow down in the car to stare and offer stupid comments.
(My favourites include What's it like to have 17 hands between your legs? and Do you want to have me in between your legs instead of a horse?)
People wont sit next to me on the bus (before I even get to the stables, and I don't get anymore dirty there, than you do walking your dogs in the park)
Its another good reason for me hurrying up and passing my driving test so I can run away from Idiots like that, plus as well, that most tolerant of factions - The Schoolkids got on the bus going home and gave me plenty of evil looks, sniggers and comments.
So yeah I'm knackered and going to lay down and have a little rest and watch Neighbours..
Since when did Neighbours episodes have titles?

No comments: