Friday, September 10, 2004

So England refused to talk to the Press after the Poland game.
Never Mind, I'm sure I can deal without listening to David squeaking away and Mikey Owen's dribbling, I watched the Wales/N Ireland game instead, it was far more interesting.
It was ace, Robbie Savage finally got justice and got sent off, and after a "handbags" incident, and N Ireland ended up with 9 men after the second goal-scorer made an interesting gesture to the crowd.
Couldnt help but cheer for them, to hang on for the next 70 odd minutes, and they did well really.
Took Cousin L to see the horses yesterday, me and E had a jumping lesson, forget all you've seen of Hickstead and elegant horses, bouncing around 5ft fences in perfect control and unision with their riders.
With Molly, its a 6 inch chewed pole off the ground, that she could easily hop over - Hell even I could hop over it, she could trot over it in calmness but that's not fun.
Ohh no. We lurch into a huge out-of control canter, with her taking bunny-hops, in order to get to the jump quicker, she cuts corners off and takes them, in the manner of Carl Fogerty, and i'm terrified to move in case she loses her balance and falls, and believe me I do not want 1/2 a tonne of horse on top of me.
She leaps over the jumps like its a 5ft wall, (I think when she was little she wanted to be a showjumper.)
Alice, who E is riding, totally misses the pole, and walks straight through it the first time. (Not much sense, bless her, think Black and White cow and you'd be not far off.)
So while Teach is frantically trying to rebuild the jump, I'm also frantically trying to stop Molly or at least get her to circle, knowing that if we did manage to stop, We'd go from walk to gallop and I'd have no chance and lose even the teeeny-weeny bit of control I have.
Anyway, It was exhausting, but good fun, although, both my shoulders ache and thighs too from trying to cling on for dear life (also encouraging Molly into more speed unfortunately)
Cheered me up being miserable for the last few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...wouldn't it be nice if the press refused to talk to the ingerland team for a couple of months...if advertisers refused to employ footballers...if we all decided that footballers should just kick footballs and then shut the f*ck up :^)...
...long may their silence prevail!!!...