Wednesday, September 01, 2004

If I was still angry and possibly a little obsessed with the career (or lack of) of a certain young midfielder I'd tell a story.
But I'm not angry or obsessed so I'll tell the story anyway. (lol)
This Midfielder was God in my eyes and I'm sure in a lot of others, he worked his way up from acedemy ranks to play premiership football at a nice South East London team, with many local rivals.
One day one of these rivals was brought by a Russian man who looks like a vampire and he had lots of money, which meant this other team could buy anyone they liked.
For some reason they seemed to have a fetish over midfielders, and this Midfielder was a very good midfielder.
So they asked if it was possible to buy him, the Nice South East London Club pointed out that The Midfielder was a key part of their team and would very much like to keep them.
However they had not considered The Midfielder, faced with a Lot of money, he decided that he would like to fuck over the team that had made him what he was, and demand a transfer, holding the team to ransom.
He claimed that this Big Money move would help his promising England Career and it was purely a football thing and became a pain in the backside.
Eventually it was decided for the sanity of everyone, including the Narrator of this tale that The Midfielder would go, although No one wanted the Midfielder to go.
Now The Midfielder is the most hated Midfielder of South East London, even beating those midfielder who play for Millwall and Palarse (who are just pitied.) and generally laughed at
His career has been reduced from Promising England potential, to playing Ipswich Town Reserves, and sitting on a bench picking splinters out of his arse.
However he has a Lot of Money and I'm sure he is very happy in his new home, although I wonder if sometimes he sits on that cold bench and wonders what would life have been like if he had stayed where he was, playing every game and being a valued member of the team.
Scott Parker. A living lesson that the grass is not always greener.
And I promise that is my last word on the subject. Unless the bastard plays against us, in which case I will be screaming for The Herminator to break his fucking money-grabbing legs.
(Over the top? possibly. Does he deserve it? Yes.)

1 comment:

Babs said...

Naw. Not a bit over the top.

I daren't ask who the Herminator is...