Friday, September 17, 2004

Eeepp.
Starting to get a little nervous now.
Its like I'm gonna be a Fresher again, worrying about if I'll get on with my new flatmates, I know I know Twin P. (TP?)
But I don't know her as closely as I knew everyone else, so there's that doubt there, that I'm sure will go when she comes on Sunday.
Its everyone else that's an unknown quanity.
Bit gutted that I'm gonna be so close to Birmingham but won't make it to the Charlton game, though.
I'm excited too, at the idea of making new friends and a little wary of it.
I'm looking forward to sitting in drafty old St Pancras or being in the New bit.
I feel very proud of that new bit, I watched them build it for two years and was excited when I got to go on it to get my train. - I fear that I may have a future ahead as a kinda Train Spotter Platform type person.
I'm even looking forward to the 1 1/2 hours on the train, and being delayed as usual. I Miss Derby Station Platform 6!
However, I'm worried about coming home and meeting Dad at St Pancras or at Blackheath station and seeing signs that the Cancer has got worse, that he'll be losing weight again and that means that the end is in sight.
But I'm not going to allow myself to dwell on that yet. If I come home on late October, (Next Saturday Charlton game) and seeing that he has gone downhill then I'll worry.
I'm gonna go and pack some clothes, wash some football shirts to take up and hopefully tomorrow I'll be in halls and I'll be able to get internet access straight away so I can listen to Birmingham coverage over the internet as I can't always pick up Brummie stations on the radio there.
Last time I was in Halls, Internet didnt work properly till November due to dodgey wiring.
Not that it mattered as I didnt get Fred till after Xmas, so missed out on Charlton coverage apart from what I saw on The Premiership.


No comments: