Monday, October 04, 2004

Yesterday, when we got back from the pub, we discovered a little bit of excitement in our flat.
There was no hot water, no electricity in the kitchen, nothing whatsoever.
Luckily being on the top floor means we get everyone else's heat, but even so it was pretty cold.
Today we got this note through.
"An electrican was called to your flat on Monday 4th October."
I think I slept through his visit.
"The reason your power failed in the kitchen, which tripped the boiler so this meant you had no hot water and heating is because someone is using an adaptor in the kitchen with a kettle/coffee jug which is the wrong appliance to be plugged into this adaptor.
The electrican has brought me the toaster and the adaptor from your flat which is now in my office because these are dangerous. The toaster flex is almost burnt out.
Please contact me in the site office."
The toaster is TP's, been winding her up about being made to pay a fine, call out charges from the leccyman etc. She's a typical Scot and is not impressed and I think in a bit of a huff.
Anyway! I'm recovered from the misery of the weekend, and well chirpy cos I know have a grand total of £2010.70p in my account, The Loan has FINALLY cleared YAY!
AND Jitsu Freak helped me sort out my stats for my I.S, so now I have a nice ANOVA-d thing, not quite sure what all the numbers mean, but Karim is there for a reason, so am gonna pop to see him at some point to check these numbers are ok, and what the fuck I'm meant to do with them later.

No comments: