Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Finally finished Habitat Management A.
Its possibly the biggest piece of crap that I've ever written for uni and I've written some stinkers before.
But Considering I had to change my original plan on Monday and have been forced to write this on my own knowledge, two textbooks and Greenwich Councils very, very helpful(!) website and others (Big no-no) I now have two pages on Oxleas Woods, yes that site of dogging (Not putting the link I found on google up, however tempted I might be, I think I might be scared of the people that visit here from there)
Anyway, I've written about Oxleas woods and how its managed and if i struggled to do it with 2 pages God only knows how I'm gonna find 4,000 words.
---
(I realise I'm sorta alienating people who are not "local" now, so feel free to skip the rest of this.)
---
I'm trying to find more out about how they were planning to destroy some of it, way back in 1993, I was still in Primary school then so my memories of it was a little hazy but I remember My Year 6 teacher getting right up there and practically chaining herself to a tree.
Its been pretty interesting really, Did you know that parts of it are over 8,000 years old?
I mean even for a wood thats old, ancient woodlands in general are pretty rare so to have this practically on my doorstep is pretty amazing, and I can't believe I didn't know this.

I still need to find some more, actually a hell of a lot more information.
Not sure exactly where to go to get it though, would it be worth checking out Blackheath and Greenwich libaries, I think Charlton House has information about the local area is it worth looking there?
Who knows, Gonna have to find out when I go back tomorrow.
(Getting excited about the Charlton/Pal-arse match, very, very, very excited)

No comments: