Sunday, October 17, 2004

Despite Robbos' best efforts Gills lost 3-1.
Going down to the game today, I was in high hopes, afterall the last game i'd seen was the snore-draw against Saints and anything had to be better than that!
There was an absolutely beautiful clear rainbow over Harvey Gardens, and I wished I had my phone with me in order to take a picture. (How strange does that sound?!)
Mum was accompanying us to the game as Dad didnt want to risk the rain and The Brat had to work.
We spotted the Newcastle flag flying from the flat beside the Jimmy Seed, apparently it belongs to J who was at Mum's nursery and who's mum lives in the flats and was a fanatical Toon.
Scary Matthew was clearly the worse for wear as he hardly screamed abuse throughout the game.
So the game itself, (this computer seems to be going gaga so I cannot open SkySports and add links to proper reports but I will do later).
Danny Murphy seemed to have a better game today.
Lee Bowyer had a goal ruled out for a foul so blatent that even my Mum noticed it but just a few minutes later Bellamy scored.
With the second half came rain, luckily from my seat near the front of the East stand I am sheltered from the worst of the weather, but I got soaked when the wind changed, having only my shirt and fleece on.
Our goal was pretty impressive. They gave it to Lisbie but it looked more like an own goal by O'Brian (given to him by teletext).
Mum who had spent most of her time, engrossed in the programme was fascinated by Shearer's taking his shirt off and swopping it for Hughes's.
Then I think the highlight of her day came when Matty went off after a clash of heads and changed his shorts and came back with a rather spanky looking head bandage.
The game proper livened up after Jeffers came on and we hit the woodwork several times, and I felt we were unlucky in both cases not to score, but it was typical Charlton!
Oh well, next home game is the Cup match against Pal-arse and its back to Derby by 12:30 hopefully, in time for my lecture at 2pm!

No comments: