Monday, October 18, 2004

Ok first things first.
I am not, repeat NOT going to do this again.
Was up at 7, got to Blackheath Station at 8, onto the platform at 20 past, find out train's cancelled.
have mild panic about missing the train.
Jump on 8:36 to Cannon Street, getting buffeted and barged by all the commuters and getting knocked off balance by the big backpack on me.
Spend the ride up to London Bridge, reading "Bridget Jones" (confirms everything I thought that it would be a pile of shite) over a womans shoulder, also getting a good dose of her hair stuck to my lips.
My own fault for putting vaseline on them before getting on the train.
Big queue to get ticket to St Pancras.
Panic getting a bit bigger now.
Find out first tube is delayed due to someone pressing panic button.
I start hyperventilating.
Miss the next two tubes due to too many people battering me and my backpack.
Catch 3rd tube.
We get stopped somewhere near Bank.
I'm about to have heart attack at missing my train.
Reach St P. by 9.55
Wonder why I can't see train to Sheffield.
Nervous breakdown ensues.
me, near tears: "oh fuck, fuck, FUCK! I'll never get to fucking Derby in time."
I sink onto my bag and examine departures timetable.
Something rings a bell.
I pull out ticket and examine it.
My train leaves at 10:25.
I'm supposed to reach Derby at 12:05.
I retreat downstairs to get a sugar fix.
Reach Derby only 5 minutes late,
Pit stop in Maccyd's.
Stop off in halls to drop backpack off and collect uni bag.
Reach uni for 1:44.
Lecture starts 2pm.
me: "Sorted!"
Off to watch Spurs v Pompey now at Our Beloved Friary.

No comments: