Friday, October 08, 2004

My lads (as I've started to refer to them.) are on their way to Manchester now, well apart from R who is on his way to France for the Ireland/France Match, shortly to be accompanied by MH.
Bit gutted that I couldn't have gone but they all brought their tickets long before I came back to Derby, and I don't really have the money to go or can spare the time away from the I.S.

Paranoia is hitting in, I have yet to hit the lows of ITFC Fan who confessed to not only having his I.S on disc, printed out, but saved on three different computers, one of those in a different county.
He also tried to tell me how much he had done - so I, quite reasonably - hit him upside the head with my newspaper.
But last night I dreamed of a fire in the flat and not being able to find all my data in order to save it, so at Tesco I brought one of those plastic wallet things and it now is safe under my bed, where I can grab it quickly in case of fire.
I also thought I saw a water vole scamper across the Marketon Brook walk, It must have been a rat though, but I'm not sure....
I have visons of the damn things, The words jump out at me, while looking up journals, anything to do with "voles." "diet choices" and those two magic little words Arvicola Terrestris I cannot escape them, and I still haven't started writing the damn thing up, I still have until the 8th of November to stress and worry about this.
By that time I will be foaming at the mouth, trying to tell anyone who listens, that voles are obssessed by nettles and sedge, they will take me away kicking and screaming after seeing a vole in Aquatic Biology, I will be locked up somewhere gibbering about losing my data.
I will start a mass and public burning of "The Wind in The Willows" whilst laughing manically.

No comments: