Friday, October 15, 2004

Dontcha just lurve big words?
I proper love them, love the way you can turn a simple phrase like "please be nice to Charby as her Dad has a best-before-date that he's rapidly reaching." Into a letter, jampacked with big impressive sounding words.
I mean how good does this sound really?
"Mr --- was diagnosed with Renal Cell carcinoma in jult 01, but despite surgery and chemotherapy, he now has metastic deposits in both lungs, liver and adrenal gland.
blah, blah, trial at the Royal Marsden Hospital, blah, blah, this is only palliative and not curative treatment, and his future is uncertain."
YEAH!
I'm gonna take this letter and shove it up that bastard Paul Lynch's nose and say "Take that Biatch! Remember screaming at me when I had just come back from a funeral not 4 days before, remember looking down your nose at me when I asked about getting my shit together and getting it ECF'd at the start of term?"
Yeah, Don't mess with me! Or those working at The Marsden and Macmillian's Nurses, they worship Dad, they literally kiss the ground he walks on, they rule!
Actually the main purpose of this letter is for me to stop upsetting poor John Cassella who keeps running up to me, gripping me with both arms and saying "Dont worry, it'll be alright, just keep smiling."
(Normally this is when I'm distracted and far-away thinking about I.S or more likely Charlton's next match and he makes me giggle.)
Anyway, they reckon if the drug makes Dad go wonky again and have another mild analphlaptic (sp?) shock, off he comes. So we're all hoping and fingers crossed that he does get to stop on the drug.
Tomorrow we're off to see Nanny (who still hasnt forgiven Mum from "stealing") and Granddad and maybe down to Bromley as I need to get P's 21st birthday present.
OH and cheers to those who commented when I was depressed and drunk yesterday. It means a lot.
Normal chirpy behaviour will be resumed shortly.

No comments: