Wednesday, October 13, 2004

So its 2:30 pm, I have just returned from the Uni and am settling down to do a little piece of work.
Now add to that mix, two bored lads who are also feeling slightly guilty that they buggered off to Manchesterland without me.
STF - Via msn. - "you free for the next 4 hours or so?"
Me - with visions of numbers and voles floating round my head, and suspiciously bottles of alcohol and pound coins.
"yup- why?"
"We're coming on a magical mystery tour and your coming too."
"Can TP come?"
"Sure."
TP I think is a little afraid of the lads as she refused and decided to work.
WE went to the Brewery in Burton, awesome place to visit, we saw the two Shire horses which were gorgeous and learnt how to brew beer and played with the old fire engine setting the lights off.
The lads were more impressed with the train set going through the toy town of Burton,
umm, the sight of them doing "Whoo-whoo" noises and humming "Thomas The Tank Engine's theme tune will live forever.
We then decided to go see the Walsall illuminations, which although very very cool and something I would see again, was not worth the £6.30.
Also not sure it was worth 90 minutes of The ENTIRE Bruce Springsteen collection, sung, very off key, and tunelessly by A and STF.
Still, was better than the Busted tape and Diana Ross and Lionel Richie, that it looked like in the beginning I would be forced to listen too.
(I like Diana Ross, but 3 times a lady? - possibly the cheesiest love song since Hello!)
I contented myself by doodling STF and A are Loooosers in the misted up back window.
Came back to Derby about 8:30, went to pub quiz with N and one of his housemates J and was teasd mercilessly for not being able to remember the name of Piltcarn Island, I remembered all the other facts to do with it, just not the name.
Went to Bishops and was a bit of a downer, then to Coyote Ugly, where I got to ride the Bronco Bull, and scored a respectful 37 secs, when the leading score was 40 secs.
(final and winning score 1 min 1 sec - not by me!)
Then to Scream part of our Beloved Friary, where we played aracade games until now when A walked me home.
Going to the Island tomorrow to watch England, hopefully taking TP with me, despite her protests.
She would have loved the random day out, she loves lights, was a bit worried when they told me they were taking me to a lap-dancing club, but I was only meant to be out for 4 hours.
That was 10 hours ago!

No comments: