Thursday, November 04, 2004

Wheee!
Thanks Billy!
I'm trying to pretend it ain't happening at the mo, was doing a good job too until ITFC wished me good luck leaving uni.
Tempted to ring BB and see if he wants to help distract me tonight.
---
Anyway I've just done my good deed for the day, helped the new Korean girl find out how to get from here to Stansted airport so she can go home for Xmas, She's quite sweet really, really keen to talk, but I'm terrible, I get the giggles at some of the way she mis-pronounces things.
I shouldn't do really, God only knows I had enough practise interpreting The Brat when he was having all the problems with his speech and I know how hard it is to get yourself across.
But I think I helped her ok so she can take that information down to the Coach station and book the right tickets.
---
Its Father's and Sons here tonight, passing all these people in fancy dress.
Basically its a sports society night out.
The Lads teams (rugby, cricket, football etc) are the fathers and the girls teams are the sons and they all dress up in costumes and get adopted by those in the same family.
E.G a Footballer could be a Doctor and adopt a girl's footballer who is a nurse.
I don't think I've explained that very well, but its a hell of a laugh, shame I'm stuck indoors doing the Voles.
(In on Monday - Yippie and ARRGGHH at the same time!)

1 comment:

Babs said...

It took me ages to get the knack of understanding and interpreting the Bosnian girls accents when I was in Chicago. Was tons easier having them teach me curse words in their language, mind.