Thursday, August 12, 2004

Top 5 Bus stations ever visited.
1 - London Victoria - National Express ready to take me anywhere I wish in the country.
2 - Canterbury - nice and easy to understand.
3 - Derby - takes you to the Peaks and even Manchester, also the starting point for me and CL's epic Derbyshire tour taking in such sights as East Midlands airport, when all we were trying to do was get somewhere which is roughly the distance equivalent of Shooters Hill police Station to Welling.
4 - Stoke - bit of a dump.
5 - erm yeah. I'll get back to you.

I'm bored the West Indies are 238 for 4
MOTD returns in 2 days as does that annual horror - my Birthday.

I hate Birthdays. I think I have a growing old phobia, even on the eve of my 10th birthday I remember sitting in front of a mirror thinking. God the next 0 i hit will be 20 and then 30 then 40 etc.
Now on Saturday I'll be 21, which means 9 years away from 30 and THATS half way to 60.
I shouldn't be thinking of things like that but God its depressing.
I hate the whole fuss of birthdays, and I'd happily ignore Christmases too.
I think a lot of it is due to my Mum, she was raised as a Jehovah's witness, despite being a commited atheist as soon as she left home, she still does not see the fasination with Xmas and Birthdays. Of course she tried to make a big fuss about them for us, not wanting me and The Brat to suffer what she and her siblings did and Dad loves Christmas but me and The Brat both picked up on the vibes from her and we're not too fussed about the whole dealie.
Another reason - at least for me, I don't know about The Brat, is that when we were little we didnt have a pot to piss in. I remember school holidays when we'd eat Spaghetti on Toast over and over again, hoops, worms, letters, shapes. Every variety possible. (possibily the reason why I hate Spaghetti now - although I still love Hot dogs and I remember the half term when we ate Hot Dogs every day)
I remember getting very upset at them getting presents for me, thinking that they couldnt afford it and that something bad would happen as they had no money and we would get evicted. (I think I saw a poster about that when I was little and the image stuck.)
So I would never be one of those kids who asked for this, that and the other. I'd ask for things that I knew would never happen like a pony and if asked for reasonable presents say "nothing."
Now at nearly 21 the habit is too ingrained to break, if asked I say nothing, I would rather people did not waste their money on me.
I particularly do not want a fuss, I want to ignore the whole day. My Family will not let me forget and we're having a bbq.
Fair enough, I thought. What with the sit with Dad if he wants to have his mates round go for it. I can sit upstairs and laugh at the Drunken oldies.
No. Mum wants MY mates to come round. She tried to get me to bring uni mates down but I flatly refused, leaving them thinking that I am ashamed of them.
While I was away doing my I.S Mum got hold of E. I have stressed to E about not wanting anything.
E agreed with me, but also thought as it was what Dad wanted, perhaps it would be best, so on Saturday I will be invaded by people from the stables.
Yes it will be nice as I have not seen some of them since I went away to uni, but the question is do I have anything in common with them anymore?
I just want to forget the whole day but I am not being allowed to do it.

No comments: