Monday, August 30, 2004

last night I was putting my birds away and one of the refugees' from Nanny, Sid (Vicious) - Ask The Brat - was flapping around, when it tried to reinact a scene from The Birds.
It tried to land on my glasses, why it chose that particular landing space I don't know, but it was a bit freaky seeing this budgie with claws out stretched, wings flapping and beak out going for my eyes was a bit freaky.
Then it got me to thinking, the night before I watched C4's 100 scariest moments, mainly to avoid watching MOTD and us losing.
A lot of people think The Birds is scary and I think it was number 43, (The Winner was "Hereeee's Johnnnnnny!" From The Shining).
I've seen a lot of horror movies, from IT to Candyman via such under rated classics as Witch Story and CubbyHouse, I love them all although they rarely make me jump, and I get more enjoyment out of watching others like MH jump and squeak at frights, so what would be MY top 5 scariest moments?
So here they are.

5. I couldn't decide between The smurfs - Childhood trauma dont want to talk about it - or the Child catcher, I still hate Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and I think that wins overall. (that was 37)
4. - The Bit in Jaws where the head pops out of the sunken boat, I couldn't look down the plughole for ages and I was only 6 the first time I saw that film in my defense
3. Sloth from The Goonies - I couldn't watch that film for years.
2. Watership Down, one of those animated films that you think are for kids but are most definately NOT, General Woundwort, The Black Rabbit, Holly's account of what happened in the Warren and the song "Bright eyes" which is genuinely creepy.
1. The Judderman - from the Metz adverts.

I dunno what this says about me, possibly that I was a strange child seeing I'm still freaked out by Sloth.
But the Judderman? That's fairly recent and oh dear.... its all coming back.....
"Beware the Judderman my dear, when the moon is fat"......
I'm going to hide behind my pillow now.

No comments: