Thursday, January 27, 2005

Stolen from Billy (Cheers!)

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer - Erm, I have One album (Chili Peppers, live in Hyde Park, which the BB put on there demonstrating how to do it and the Um Bongo theme tune if that counts!

2. The cd you last bought is: I've never actually brought a CD for myself, but I borrow a lot of my bro's and folks. Last one I brought was a Metallica album for The Brat.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? The number of the Beast - Iron Maiden.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
a. These are the days of our lives - Queen -My mum especially is a huge Queen fan and I've been raised on them, I hated them at first but after I came to uni, I missed hearing Freddie singing at me everyday and now I love them and that has to be one the THE most awesome songs ever.
b. Sometimes - Britney Spears - Listen to the chorus, its everything I ever wanted to say to the LF at the beginning and never did.
c - You'll see - Madonna - All the things I wish I could say to all those that have hurt me.
e - Ignition Remix - R Kelly.
f - Patience - Guns 'n' Roses.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to?: - I'd love to see what FLASH says to this?

6. Your favorite song with the name of a city in the title or text: - London Calling - The Clash, I love the fact it gets played down the Valley now and Waterloo Sunset by the Kinks.

7 . A song you've listened to repeatedly when you were depressed at some point in your life: - The usual subjects like Everybody Hurts - REM and Winner takes it all - Abba. While I was having all the shit at school I listened to American English - Idlewild and Nothing Ever Happens by Del Amitri. Walk Away by Cast was another fave, but normally I listened to anything with a bit of *bounce* to try and perk myself up and still do.

8. Ever bought an entire album just for one song and wound up disliking everything but that song? Gimme that song - dont buy albums

9. A great song in a language other than English: I heard a French version of the Lumberjack Song on TV yesterday!

10. Your least favourite song on one of your favourite albums of all time: I absolutely loathe The Ballad of John and Yoko on The Beatles 1 album.

11. A song you like by someone you find physically unattractive or otherwise repellent: Wait and Bleed by Slipknot. You needed me. - I despised Boyzone.

12. Your favourite song that has expletives in it that's not by Liz Phair. Fire, water burn - Bloodhound Gang.

13. A song that sounds as if it's by someone British but isn't. Homewards Bound - Simon and Garfunkel.

14. A song that reminds you of summer but doesn't mention summer at all: The Boys are back in Town - Thin Lizzy. Oh wait, it does.... ok how about The Remedy - Jason Mraz? It mentioned the 4th of July but only as Independence Day. Does that count?

15. A song that sounds to you like being happy feels: MmmBop - Hanson,

16. Your favorite song from a non-soundtrack compilation album - errr wha?

17. A song that reminds you of high school - I'll change that to uni:
- Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams - One and Only - Chesney Hawkes, I think we're alone now - Tiffany and Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi - a night at D&E wasn't complete without them!

18. A song you actually like by an artist you otherwise dislike: Hey Whatever - Westlife.

19. A song by a band that features three or more female members: Tragedy - Steps!

20. One of the earliest songs that you can remember listening to:
Earliest music memory I have is dancing on top of my little slide to Chain Reaction by Diana Ross, this was before my brother was even born so I must have been two or three at the time. Another one was Bright Eyes, as Watership Down is one of my favourite films ever, but I can never remember which one of Simon and Garfunkel did that. But my all time favourite song was Puff the Magic Dragon! I cried when the tape broke.

21. A song you've been mocked by friends for liking:
MH heard me singing along to was Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush, I've also been mocked for loving To the moon and Back by Savage Garden - listen to the words, it's me, its my all time theme tune!

22. A really good cover version you think no one else has heard: I loved William Shatner's version of Common People

23. A song that has helped cheer you up (or empowered you somehow) after a breakup or otherwise difficult situation: Won't back down - Tom Petty.

So there you have it! Mock my musical choices all you like. There's actually a lot of teenybop I've realised that I listen too, when I actually loathe most of it.

1 comment:

Flash said...

Yes, I'll have to nick that one baby!