Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Great Job Hunt has begun.....
Made all the more drastic by an up-to-date check of my account discovering that once my tickets for the Yeovil game has cleared I will be just £20 from the end of my overdraft and if I go over it, NatWest will be after me and I shall be found at the bottom of the Thames with concrete boots on (after they've taken anything of mine worth selling)
I knew it would be hard finding a zoology job anyway, cos no-one wants you without experience, but no one wants to give you that experience and I knew it would be doubly hard in London, I accepted I'd have to do shop work or something when I realised I'd have to come home.
So after I'd walked down to the ticket office and brought my ticket, I went to the Pennisula park and started to make enquiries.
It's so soul destroying and humilating, there's probably about 14 different shops down there, and the best they could do was Asda telling me to try again in the middle of Feb.
So my next plan?
I've looked on the internet and discovered that St Mary's hospital in Sidcup want someone to do a kinda data entry/clerical job, I can't find any more about it, so will ask on Friday when I go back to the Job centre, if its available.
I would make more of an effort for it, but it's already been advertised for a week so I'm guessing they probably have someone for it anyway.
Still, I'm not giving up, I'm going to the Standard later this week at some point to see if Safeway's want me.
And if somehow I scrape the £1.20 bus fare I'll go to Bexleyheath and see what's going on down there.
Then, I may start busking.
"Gizza job mate!"

1 comment:

Flash said...

Up here hardly anyone employs people straight off, almost everyone goes through an agency. It might be worth a shot for you.
Yeovil, Eh? Scared?
Hehehe