Sunday, April 04, 2004

Well, The Curse continues, now MH has banned me from the final match of the season against QPR.
Seven Wednesday games now, and I've seen them lose them all, not even draw. In fact in these seven games. Wednesday have scored twice and one of those was a penalty.
The Grimsby Town ground is a proper dump and I've been to Chesterfield and Craven Cottage! Was pleasantly surprised to see Super Clive Mendonca staring at me from the front of the programme and even a feature about him in the programme, what with him being a great striker.
MH doesn't know anything about him! This will have to rectified and arrangements have been made to bring up the PlayOff Final video.
The Stewards at Grimsby seemed pretty clueless to me, almost as if they were waiting for a fan to come on and go for one of the players, Like in the Leicester/Ian Walker Situation.
First just before Kick off, one of the beach balls being bounced around ended up bouncing around in front of the goal. A Wednesday fan went to retrieve it and the stewards just watched.
Later during the second half, another Wednesday fan ran onto the pitch and nicked the Grimsby Keeper's Towel. Again the stewards just watched.
It could have got nasty, especially when they started throwing bottles of water at the stewards but nothing happened.
I guess the sea air got to the stewards, but really, they were asking for trouble.
Still we got a nice day out in Cleethorpes, me and MH and then returned home to watch Jeepers Creepers, which seems even dafter now, the second time round and it proper shat me up the first time I saw it in the Greenwich Filmworks, until the bit where the daft kids are trying to run it over and then I saw it for what it was and crapped myself laughing at it.
The mate I went to see it with was still spooked by it several days later....
Still now its Sunday and I really need to get on with some work. I'm going home for Easter in a week and that's 10 days less of work that I can get done over the holidays.
Millwall are playing Sunderland later in the FA Cup Semi Final (Come on Sunderland!!)

No comments: