Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I'm tired.
VERY tired, We celebrated New Loan Day by going to Old Trafford in a day packed with adventure. First MH makes a prat out of herself (easily done) on the train by describing it down the phone to her mate as a "choo-choo". Cue train carriage falling apart in hysterics.
Made our way to Sheff ok, then we got on a train to Manc, meeting a really nice man (Steve?) who offered to drive us from Stockport to the game which is the train stop before. We met his mate and I got the usual stick for being a CAFC supporter.
The Ground itself is amazing, well worth going, even if we did lose 2-0. Paul Konchesky had a very good (from my Humble Opinion.) penalty claim turned down and was booked for diving.
After the game we tried to meet the players like we do at Wednesday, however Jobsworth stewards didnt let us (fair enough really) and wouldn't let us stand where players could see us.
Found ourselves getting involved with a woman, who we guessed at first to be a football groupie and then discovered that she was Konch's mum!!
EEEK!
He came out and I got a shirt signed and posed for a photo and then MH asked if he'd take her Wednesday shirt over to be signed by Di Canio and he was happy too and I asked if he could take my shirt over and get it signed and he did, I got a load of the kids on it but some first teamers, Matty Holland, JJ, Simon Royce, Di Canio, Cole, him and Jason Euells.
I think that was really nice of him as he didn't have too, and my opinion has got up, I had heard that he was a bit full of himself, a bit of a dick really, but he didn't have to trot back to the coach for us and that was nice.
Got an earlier train back to Sheff than we were expecting, we thought we'd have to wait round till 20 past 2 but got a 20 past 12 one, although we still had to sit up in the Sheff Train Station waiting room till 5:22.
Eventually reaching our house at 6:16AM and collapsing in bed.
Woke up today for MH to suggest we go back to Wednesday for a reserve game, and CL was up for driving us (Free football and free transport - could any body say no?)
Now back and trying to write my Entomology essay for next Thursday, trying not to think that this time next week I may have failed/passed my driving test.

No comments: