Saturday, April 17, 2004

AARRGHH! After putting that last post up, I somehow managed to make it all appear on the others??
Anyway. Hopefully It has worked. Anyway, today's footy... Lets see? How would I describe it?
Well It was a battle between two battle-weary gladitators, each forcing each other in to a high risk, adrenalised match, full of goals, and thrills, a joy for everyone watching...
Ok maybe not. To tell you the truth, it was boring. Only the last five minutes were worth watching, we got two goals, and a booking. Of course, this being Charlton, we went down and everyone started to pootle out of the ground, then somehow Matty scuffed one in and everyone went as wild as if we'd won.
CL and MH went to Blackpool to see Wednesday and true to form, they lost 4-1, at least I can't get the blame for that one eh?
Tomorrow is Marathon Day, and we live just by the One Mile marker, near our local shops, I love Marathon Day, spotting all the minor celebs running, and cheering on people like Paula Radcliffe and Tanni Grey Thompson. Laughing at the dodgey costumes, clapping and cheering them on until my hands are sore and red.
I've only missed it once since I was young and I have a hundred little memories of it, when I was little we'd stand 6 deep in crowds on Motherships and Dad's shoulders, watching the street cleaners taking the paint off and squirting each other with the pressure hoses.
One year Me and Oldest Friend made a banner to wave saying only another 25 miles to go, we were not very popular!!!
Tomorrow is also the day my little Holiday is over and I need to go back to Derby, which is gonna be interesting, seeing as all the roads will be closed for the marathon and St Pancras has moved.
I needed this little break, my head was close to popping there, and I had a constant knot in my stomach.
I guess a lot of it is due to the stress of the few weeks, not sure if it helped coming home and seeing Dad so obviously struggling with the drugs, but I needed to get away and sort my head out.
Hopefully now it is all sorted and I can go back, write the entomology essay that I was supposed to write here, but never did and catch up on all my other work, that is so far behind.
Until then, I'm making the most of SKY TV and the music channels. (Aerosmith and Love in an Elevator rocking my world at the mo!)
And Man U on Tuesday, which could be interesting.


|

No comments: