Sunday, April 18, 2004

Back in Derby now, spent the time constructively, educating CL into the miracle that was the playoff Final and the legend that is Super Clive.
Marathon fever kicked in early this year, I have a pretty good internal clock if there is something worth getting up for.
I couldn't remember what time the marathon started and didn't do the sensible thing of checking start times in a TV listings magazine so set my alarm for 7:15, I was awake at 6:50, feeling very knackered as I had decided that 1:30AM was a perfect time to start packing, I collected clothes and then found out it all started at 8:55 so dozed back off, although I was disturbed by the sleepy chirruping of my birds as they woke, said "good morning" to each other and went back to sleep.
Plus the helicopters and the sun shining into my room meant that I was up about 8:20 and dragging everyone else out of bed about half past.
Wasn't all that great this year and I was disappointed after building myself up for it, the crowds and music was small, I guess that's cos of the bad weather and didn't spot anyone famous running. Would have very much liked to have seen Jonny Wilkinson, but I had a good time neverless.
So in Derby, have things changed? Well I'm still wrestling with my essay, messy rooms, disobedient posters that refuse to stay on the walls. Still have not figured out this comment effort, the pretty world map I had on last night appears to have been abducted by the Pretty World Map picture fairies (Maybe they were jealous of it?)
CL and UDOBF have scarpered, afraid that they will be made to sit through Charlton Video 2 - The 90's. MH is at work and the tree in my front garden is full of delicate white blossom. Yes everything is good in my world
|

No comments: