Monday, June 06, 2005

How do you try and explain to someone who doesnt listen?
Especially when I'm too pissed off to understand it rationally myself.

I'm to be my Dad's carer.
I already do a lot of the things to qualify, I'm at home a lot, I cook, run errands and keep him company during the day.
So I qualify for Carer's Allowance.
However this means that job-hunting's gonna have to change. Unless I get the actual job that I did a degree in, is it really worth it, me applying for Minimum wage jobs when I'm more or less gonna get it for sitting indoors.
And seeing as the fish job is the only thing so far that I've applied to and got more than a letter back saying "No thanks" and the only thing I've applied for that I'm qualified for, I doubt anything will come up anytime soon.
So this makes sense, I get more money than I would just on JSA and my folks could do with the money, when he becomes ill enough Mum will give up work too and the nurses will come.

But all I see it as being trapped. I have to be at home 35 hours a day, which is a 9-4 job 5 days a week, more or less. I'll be here all day with the moodswings and The Fear.
Everyone who reads here, knows how I feel at being at home and I can't help feeling trapped, people here don't see that I do most of the housework, but when I don't do something they're quick enough to call me stupid and selfish, The Brat is always sliding digs in about how I don't have a job and HE does. How HE can drive and I cant and according to him, I'll never pass.

All the time I've been here, I've felt myself dragging down, believing what They tell me, I don't want to be here anymore (well I've never wanted to be here) but I can't leave, so I feel guilty at wanting to leave and being angry at being in this position, and then guilty again at being resentful.

It's getting me down, I'm up all hours and when I sleep I have bad dreams, when I do finally sleep and wake, its hard to find a reason to get out of bed and harder still to stay out of bed once I'm up, I only manage a few hours before being so bored and tired that sleep is a good option.
My eating habits are always poor and they're getting worse too, I can't remember the last time I ate properly.

I've tried to explain to MH about the benefits of me being at home, there's no need for her to know the rest of it.
She don't understand though and I don't have the patience or the want to explain. No doubt she'll go off telling anyone who'll listen that I'm being crap, and I am, but this is better all round for everyone and the reason I came home in the 1st place to help.

9 comments:

Flash said...

Have you tried speaking to your family about how you feel?
It may help, if it's not too difficult.
Hang in there honey.

Charby said...

Nu-uh.
I don't want to stress and annoy them any more than they already are, it's nothing I can't handle on me own, even if i gotta do all my whinging in here away from them.

Anonymous said...

One day all your good deeds will pay you back.

It may not be your family, but what goes around comes around that applies to good things too.

Charby said...

Where? When? Can you give me a time-frame here?
I'm a cynic, I believe that good things don't happen to good people cos they're always getting shat upon cos they're too nice to do anything about it.

Charby said...

I'm also a cynic who's been drinkking and i'm so impressed that I spelt that all right!

Anonymous said...

Yea, you ALMOST spelled that right. LOL

Start swimming, you have to catch R

Flash said...

Methinks that being cynical never leads to anything good (trust me) & methinks Cheryl seems a little disturbed by R's lack of an appearance.
*wink*

Charby said...

Hehehe!
He's never coming back now, the sailors have caught him and he's their personal sex slave!
Or maybe we frightened him off!

Hyde said...

I'm sorry the situation is so hard right now. I'm one of the cynics too, usually letting myself get mistreated, and not trusting that kindness will ever be returned. But the bottom line is, that even if this never comes back as something good for you, it's your family. Maybe it's you giving back to them for good things that you've already had.

Good luck with everything. Blogs are a great place for whining! I don't know what I'd do without mine!

lol,
hyde