Thursday, June 16, 2005

Good Things.

This time tomorrow I'll be in Derby embarking on a weekend of being unsober. Seeing some very good friends and in fact I'll be eating my tea in Varsity safe in the knowledge that at some point that night and possibly again over the next two days I'll be paying a visit to Our Beloved Friary.

Dad.
The radiotherapy (touch wood) seems to be working, he is no longer in any pain, apart from a few twinges and apart from the constant calls for cranberry juice, is a happy little camper. A few weeks ago I thought that he was on the way out but he's regained a lot of strength and although he won't get better he might last another month or two yet.
So hopefully there'll be no more numb fingers, where someone needs to cut his dinner for him and no more sitting there practically in tears from the pain.
(I suggested that this improvement meant that he could walk the 12 steps to the kitchen to get his own juice but he claims he's not that well yet)

Have a good weekend all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend and have a pint for me being as I won't get a drop of liquor in me this weekend.

Glad Dad is doing well.

Do something that is very blog worthy......

I'm still awaiting my package....impatiently.

Flash said...

Good stuff, Charbs.
A pint for me too & dont forget your little yellow friend!

Charby said...

As if I'd go anywhere without it?!
Sadly their cheap night is Monday but I'll still be exploiting it to some extent!

HistoryGeek said...

I'm glad to hear dad is doing better. Have a great weekend.

bod said...

Pleased to know Dad is almost free from pain, enjoy some debauchery this weekend. You deserve it.