Sunday, May 08, 2005

Screwed!
I wanted Ipswich to go up in 2nd place and Derby through playoffs.
That meant two funky away trips and two pissups.
But now?
Do I attach my support to Derby, as I lived there? Or Ipswich in honour of ITF? Or West Ham as I have a Godfather who supports them, and they are the only London team in it?
Decisions, decisions!

(edited for Cheryl - Who still needs to explain Baseball & American Football to me!)
If you finish in 3,4,5 or 6th place in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th divsions, you go into a play off where they have a mini-league and play each other home and away.
The two teams that win over the two leagues go into a final, whoever wins gets promoted, in this case to the top division.
Derby, Ipswich, West Ham and Preston got into the playoff places this season, so I don't know who I want to go up.

4 comments:

shorty said...

Huh?

shorty said...

Ah, thank you! I get it now.

It's like that in American basketball

I will one day soon explain American sports to you as only a women can. LOL

Charby said...

Hehehe.
Any time!

Flash said...

I want Preston to go up with Wigan & Sunderland to make it a northern threesome.
And of course the Cobblers in league 2.