Monday, May 16, 2005

Now that some of my excitement about my weekend adventures has abated, I shall tell my tale of Two Bloggers, 1 yellow Card and a night out!
As I probably told Flash several times, I was very excited about our adventure and terrified at the same time. In fact I hardly slept the night before and felt too ill to eat much.

So I made my way up to Euston, when the thought struck me that I didn't really remember what Flash looked like and he probably didn't remember what I looked like.
(I had thought about trotting up in footy shirt, so I'd stick out like a beacon, but then having considered possible dress codes in pubs decided against it and my comfy trainers (Hope you feel honoured that I dressed up for you!!)
So I reached Euston at 7.05 and then had another sudden panic about someone else having read my blog, then trying to pass themselves of as Flash and abducting me!
But luckily, the one and only Flash found me, and then took me to a bar, for as I told him, I get lost in my own house and I rarely go up to London.

It was a Scream pub, reminding me fondly of Our Beloved Friary back in Derby and it was even more exciting when I realised that it was their £1 a pint night so we took total advantage.
We found ourselves a comfy settee to sit and chat on and I was still very shy and nervous, but the more we drank, the quicker it went away!!

It was so strange hearing the real names for people such as Dream Girl and Reckless and talking about my friends but using their real names instead of the initals, then seeing pictures of different characters in his blog and I kept giggling to myself at the thought that I was actually talking to a blogger!

It was great fun and a little bizarre being that in someways it was like talking to a stranger but yet a stranger you knew very well, and I got to quiz him on things that I'd always wondered about, such as how he came up with his name when he changed it, and I'd told him how I decided that he'd changed his name to "Nigellus" which was the most interesting name I could come up with using his inital!

Later we decided to check out train times back up to Crapsville, and then decided to head to Oxford street where I had supposed to be meeting E but by the time we reached it, she had left so we trundled into another pub. (The Tottenham) I think, near Tottenham Court Tube. (where I ended up after I got lost after my fishy job interview). That was kinda disappointing seeing as we'd thought up a exciting and probably implausiable story to explain just how I knew Flash without it seeming like he'd picked me up out of a chatroom and without giving away evidence of this blog

I was just a little drunk(!) by then and was getting very excited in there about him drinking Vodka and Cranberry just like he says on his blog (I had been very disappointed earlier in The Scream bar that he was drinking Carling!)

I think we only stopped in there for one drink and then headed back to Charing Cross, when we reached that place. I decided that he should come over to Blackheath as I was having far too much fun to want to go home yet, and I felt very guilty when I realised he'd missed his train!

So we got back to Blackheath and went straight in the pub next door to the train station. (Is it the Railway? I swear I go past that nearly every day and I can never for the life of me remember what it's called!)

Another drink in there and I was pretty wasted by then and very, very worried about how Flash would get home again and if he'd have to sleep on the train station floor or something, so I suggested finding the Holiday Inn on the Pennisula but he kept declining.

Ran over the road to get chips and Saveloy and then onto the 89 home, stopping off at the garage so he could get some fags and then he walked me home and I showed off my scaffolding proudly!

A lot of hugs later and we said goodnight, where upon I must have sent several drunken texts cos there was a hell of a lot of (equally drunken) replies on my phone when I woke, several from STF and The Sheep, as well as some from Flash telling me not to worry, before I passed out upstairs, waking up just in time for the Preston/Derby Playoff game.

I had a great time, once the alcohol kicked in and I got over my inital nerves, just as he comes across in his Blog, he's great fun and a good laugh and I'll definately have to take him up on his offer to visit Crapsville at some point!

5 comments:

shorty said...

Damn it! Still Jealous...but so glad you had a great time.

You will have to keep in touch!

Did my name come up? LOL

Flash said...

In the interests of having a reputation to protect, may I point out to your wonderful readers that I declined going to the Holiday Inn on my own!
Hehehe.

What about the goats?

Flash said...

Oh & Cheryl you did come up, at one point I even did a passable impression of you!

shorty said...

WHAT?!?!?!?!!

Dear God, should I be scared??

Charbs, please explain.

I no longer have my MSN messenger...you will have to tell me here.

Charby said...

What? No MSN chats?
How can I dish the REAL dirt on Flash?
mwhahahahahahaha!
It was an awesome attempt at an American accent Flash!!!
I'm sure goats are the animal made from left-overs. I mean Cows give milk so what's the point of goats?
AND they have creepy eyes.