Monday, May 30, 2005

Cardiff's Millennium Stadium is far more impressive in the real life than on the telly.
Well worth the 7am alarm (I swear that's probably the earliest I've been up since I went to Kew).
Even managed to get to Cardiff at midday and joined in the festivities, the singing, the dancing, the cringing at nob-head air-horns. (Ban them all now I say), the waving of the flags, the meeting of random strangers.
Making my way to the game, I borrowed an away shirt to fit in.
" 'ere luv, gis a kiss for luck like." From some random boozed-up stranger, who then proceeded to mug some kid to take a photo on his camera-phone and then hand it back to the rather baffled little boy.
Into the ground and being overwhelmed by the amount of blue and white stripes everywhere, and to my utter delight seeing the guys from that coke "real fans" advert! Legends one and all!
So excited to finally see Wednesday win! Makes up for all the dreadful and vile Away games I went to the other season.
Finally got in at 11pm and straight to sleep.
Not a patch on our own Playoff game. (Kinsella AND Mendonca were featured in the programme under a bit about past playoffs!) But the pure emotion that's shown in them games make them something never to be forgotten, even if you're a neutral.
And West Ham got promoted today! Awesome! My Godfather's a Hammer and means the banter and abuse that I thought had gone now Pal-arse have been relegated will continue! With a new Protagonist!
Yay!

No comments: