Friday, September 30, 2005

Ok, at time of writing I see 5,003 on my counter.

And according to the Site Meter counter number 4,999 was reached by an IP address in California, specifically San Francisco. (Spinsterwitch?)

5,000 was reached by....
...........
...........
.........

*Drumroll please*
........


Ridgemont in Milton Keynes in England.

An Address In Reading PA was 5,001 so I'm guessing that was you Sunshine.
Hyde - According to the Site-referrer you were actually 4,998, if you were the New York address
I'm not sure whether there was a hitch on keeping up with the hits that came by or what but the winner seems to be Milton Keynes!

If you guys wanna check it out I think you can all access it by clicking the counter at the bottom.

And Congratulations to Milton Keynes. If you want to claim the prize can you drop me an email by Monday? If not then according to the rules of the game, it'll roll over to the next nearest which is 4,999.

11 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Having no idea where Milton Keynes is I wonder if it was Flash.

And, unfortunately, we can't see the statistics as we would have to log in as you to see them. :)

Charby said...

Milton Keynes is somewhere on the outskirts of London, I know I've driven through it on the way to Derby but I can't tell you exactly where.

My stat's logins s18charby and the passwords LEPUNN

I don't think anyone can alter them or anything so I don't mind posting them.

weenie said...

You'll recognise Milton Keynes by the concrete cows and the many, many roundabouts...

HistoryGeek said...

So, yeah, I think it was Flash. The Milton Keynes IP is the same Milton Keynes IP which logged as 4997 and the referring URL for 4997 was Flash's blog.

The location of the IP is not always accurate...my location is SF, but I'm actually in Oakland.

sunshine said...

Damn Flash, he doesn't show his face forever, and then he wins.

Spins, I hope he doesn't check back, that way it's yours.

Shoelaces charbs?? *wink*

Happy hour tonight at 5 pm. Come on 5, come on 5

Charby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charby said...

I'm not sure guys if it is Flash. Don't he live in Northamptonshire?
I just googled MK and its in Buckinhamshire.
Is it Flash or is it a Lurker?....
Only time will tell!
Oooh and who's my Lurker from Warwickshire??

Charby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

taking a vacation in apil to London - first time in England. want to catch a premiership match and need some advice.

1. We have to go on Sat. April 1, since we will be there from 4/1 to 4/8 and there are no games in between

2. Would like to go to a match in London, as we will not have a car and are staying in London

3. No idea what the best stadiums are or the best place to see a game

4. Do not have to see the best game, as being at a premiership game will be cool enough

5. Should I get tix before we go? If so, what are the best resources via the web? If not, how easy is it to get tix day of game (scalpers, etc).

6. We live in Chicago, so we are used to a large metro area (trains, etc)

Please email me some suggestions or post here. I have found myself giving directions, etc to many brits, etc in chicago, here is hoping that the good karma comes back.

Also, I have no fave football team, any suggestions?

Thanks.
jason.spock (at) gmail.com

Flash said...

I think it was me!
Milton Keynes is about 20 miles down the road from me & I did see 5000 at the bottom of the screen!

Yay!
Back to the blog exile (till monday!)