Thursday, September 01, 2005

Feeling kinda sorry for myself today.
All my summer friends are buggering back off to uni or to their respective homes before uni starts, I keep thinking too that I should be getting ready to go to Derby too, even though I left in January!

The weather don't help, in that it totally exhausts me and makes me sleep all day and night and although I don't do much with my days, I do feel cheated by sleeping through a day, like its a day wasted before I die.
Speaking of dying. Dad's not being the most chirpy of persons. How dare he feel sorry for himself! Anyone would thinking he's dying! He really hated the hospice and we sat and talked about it today and if the inevitable comes I think we're gonna try and get him into hospital.
He's been shattered by the heat too, part of his lung's collapsed and the radiotherapy buggered up part of his other lung so when its airless like this he finds it hard to breathe.

I need something to keep my brain occupied and stop me feeling sorry for myself, so I'm thinking of starting some courses at Woolwich College. Whether I actually get round to enrolling or its just another one of those ideas I have that I never actually follow through is anyone's guess.

I joined the bone marrow register today! Hurrah for me!

6 comments:

sunshine said...

It's good to keep yourself busy, but you also need to be there for you Dad right now.

You are one of the strongest people I know.

Hugs

xo

Charby said...

They're only evening classes so I can still be around him during the day.

Flash said...

Hugs

Babs said...

It's a good idea, that, taking some classes.

Easier to be there for him if you've not got your brain mired and keeping it occupied instead, you know??

Hyde said...

I'm so sorry for everything that you're going through. Thinking of you!

And by the way, I agree with Sunshine--you are super tough. You're always inspiring me with that. It's really admirable.

:)

Hyde

HistoryGeek said...

It is amazing what you are doing for your family, and a good idea to do what you can to feed your spirit in any way you can.

Stay sane!