Thursday, September 29, 2005

I am so extremely pissed off.
Granddad went in today for his pacemaker fitting and somehow we've ended up with Nanny moving in.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Nanny but bloody hell, we've got Dad - who lets face it is dying, and Mum who desperately needs an operation but has postponed it for 6 months at least and now we have Nanny living with us, is a sandwich short of a picnic. (Alzheimers) and who is exhausting.
Aunt G has L and T, Uncle's M and D have no one. Why can't they stop with her over night? Why when it comes to them are we the ones that everyone expects to run around after Nanny and Granddad?
Incidently, its a shame what that illness does to a person, my Nanny's 5'0" in her socks and I remember her being scared of nothing, barging into a crowd of pissed-up 20-somethings to break up a fight, a real old battleaxe as my Dad described her.
Now she's afraid of her own shadow. Its sad to see the change in her.

4 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Alzheimer's is really bad, in terms of personality change, and it's so hard to see.

sunshine said...

I take it they didn't ask your opinion.

Sleep...Sleep...if you can

4964

Charby said...

Hahahaha! They didnt even ask me bro if he minded giving up his room for her!

Charby said...

4967!
I may stay awake until the magic number is reached!