Wednesday, September 21, 2005

So. I abandoned my usual place in the bottom of the East Stand and ventured into the reaches of the Upper North.
Once I got over my vertigo, I decided it was quite a nice view and amused myself by waving at my family in our usual positions.
I was amused by the 6 lads of about about 16-17 behind me who were gently mocking the lad with them who was obviously a little "slow" but they did it without any real malice and indeed it was clear that they were very fond of him, which just goes to show not all kids are manky, cruel little shits.
I changed my mind about my position once the game started, my crap eyesight made it hard to identify the team when they got down the South Stand and indeed I was having problems distinguishing the numbers, let alone read the names of the team or see their faces as I can from my usual place.
But the atmosphere was better compared to the usual quietness of where I sit, although I like my seat and don't want to change it.

3-1! Things definately perked up once half time came and went and Bent and Murphy came on. Lloyd Sam was very impressive and when Jay Bothroyd came on he too perked things up and I think it was a pretty well deserved win.

6 comments:

Hyde said...

Charby,
the numbers game on your blog is starting to obsess me. I have to remind myself, we're still a few hundred (and therefore a few days, I think) away...

-h

Charby said...

Its obsesssing me too!
I find myself checking every few minutes and I was even wondering about it at the football last night at half time!

HistoryGeek said...

Whew! I can get on your site at work. I don't know if I'm still having problems at home.\

(For those other than Charby: I was getting a "Forbidden" error message everytime I'd try to log on to her site last night...freaked me out!)

I'll keep coming back to drive up that number :).

Charby said...

Hurray! You're back!

Did you get my email?
Ain't we a clique-y bunch!

Hyde said...

PS: I found your secret hideout today. Don't worry. I won't tell.

;)

Charby said...

hahaha. I wondered how long it'd take