Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I think on the whole I've proved I can take some shit.
I can deal with the fact that my friends are moving on with their lives, careers, relationships, homes and I've gone back a step.
I can deal with the guy that I was starting to fall for over the summer, sees me as "one of the lads" and nothing else.
I can deal with the job centre hassling me.
I can deal with the fact that everyday I see something Dad can't do that he could do yesterday.
I can learn to deal with the fact that soon I'll be washing and dressing him.
I can deal with the fact that I'll be caring for Mothership too and that she thinks there's no escape for me again. That when I leave London I'll be taking her with me and as far as she's concerned when she gets old I'll care for her, no questions asked.
I can deal with The Brat's mocking about my shittiness at driving and inability to get a job.
But there's only so much a girl can take. Even a non-sissy, non-girly-girl one like me.

I've never taken that much attention over my appearance, I've always made sure to look neat though and my hair, it lives in a scrunchy ponytail.
But its falling out, and in great clumps too. You can notice it in the ponytail, how thin and sparse it looks, so far I cant see any bald patches on my head but I'm frightened of being totally bald.
I've joked to Mum about how I always threatened to shave my hair off but I don't want to lose it all.
Maybe this is a totally over the top over-reaction to nothing.
But if it all falls out then I'm buying the funkiest, most garish wig ever in the history of wigs. No way am I hiding it all under one of those daft sunhats.
We'll just see what the hairdresser says tomorrow and if she reckons I need to see a doc about it.
And I'm not sure how much more shit I can take and still keep smiling.

7 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Ummm, okay here's a thought about the hair falling out - STRESS!

Hie thee to a masseur, woman!

Seriously, though, I hope it's nothing serious.

Charby said...

Stress Spins?
What on Earth do I have to be stressed about?? LOL!!!!

weenie said...

Yeah, think Spinster's right - stress is apparently a major cause of temporary hair loss. It's totally admirable with how you're juggling with your life but sometimes, whilst the mind can mentally cope with it all, the body may rebel physically. Any recent changes to your usual diet? Perhaps need more exercise/relaxation, even 5 mins per day will help?

Hyde said...

Check it out to be safe, but don't worry too much about the hair. You don't need anything else to be stressed about and you'll be beautiful no matter what!

:)

LavaLady said...

Oh, Charby. Big hug. Take care of yourself! xoxoxo

Flash said...

Well I feel quite the shit now.

The guys are right & it's probably a manifestation of stress. Like you I'm hoping it's an over-reaction on your part but you should get it checked out.

Sorry Charbs
x

Charby said...

Well guys I went to the hair dresser and she couldnt see anything too wrong and suggested going to the docs for a tonic or taking some vitamin pills in case there was something lacking in my diet.
To which I laughed and said I'm eating better than I have in 3 years and I'd feel a bit silly going to the docs cos I'm a girly-girl when they have better and iller people to see so we'll just ride it out along with everything else and see what happens.