Saturday, December 31, 2005

so its time for Charby's end of year awards and review!
*Trumpets and drumroll*

Well, its mostly been a year to forget in this household, what with Dad's will he/won't he saga.
It started fairly brightly enough with the graduation, chance of a job working with fish and more driving tests but the first of what would be many, many rejections arrived and I decided to stop the driving till the New Year and life drifted into a dull routine of daytime telly and occasional trips to the job centre.
I also lessened my blogging activities, mainly due to the fact I had nothing to write about other than the day to day tales of the characters from Neighbours!
There was a few highlights mainly the adventure of meeting a real life Blogger in the lovely Flash, and a mild flirtation with the TY'U, who once he got over the shock of realising that I was female, proved to be a good fun person.
But surely the main event of 2005 had to have come recently in the arrival of my job! Wahey!
And now onto my awards!!!

Sporting Achievement of the year? Well there was the relegation of Palace, the Ashes win, but my moment of the year had to be the shock win at Chelsea, if only we'd been able to carry it on to not lose by 3 goals in 15 minutes against Blackburn!

Disappointment of the year? The fish job rejection, not only would I have been loaded it'd have been a quality job to do.

Person of the year? In "real life" it has to be E, survivior of many a daytime pub crawl, fellow adventurer on away game travels and all round top person.
In "Virtual land" It has to be you guys, you've participated in my little games of winning the prizes after reaching certain "landmarks", you've been here to listen, to give little words of sympathy and comfort and a giggle when things haven't looked too bright and you're all spiffing people! (and one day I may get round to adding Alecya and her plastic castle to my blog list!)

Now I'm glad the formalities are over and done, its time for me to sit around and wait for this god-awful year to go!

1 comment:

HistoryGeek said...

I know that this next year will bring challenges for you, but I hope for laughter and joy for you as well.

You are amazing!