Friday, December 30, 2005

So how was your xmases?

Mines been a bit interesting and with the help of an email from Spins I decided to come and tell you all about it and let you know that I'm not dead, although the cold might be killing me off slowly!!
On my last post on the Friday before xmas I said about Dad going into hospital and the very bad atmosphere around here.
Dad continued to remain very bad tempered and had several rows with Mum about how she was "stopping him see his family" and "coming between him and his brother" which Mum would never ever do, none of us would do considering the way we feel about them!
After Mum did her storming out the hospital on the Friday act. Dad was also slightly confused about matters, as he begged the nurses not to let him out of the hospital claiming that Mum would beat him!
So Xmas eve I was very glad to shoot off to work for a couple of hours to avoid the atmosphere, which was very strained and icy.
Xmas day (which is a day that always, always depresses me) came and Mum wanted a lot of pictures of us, seeing as its more than obvious that this is Dad's last xmas, but The Brat hates having his photo taken, and pulled faces at the camera and stuck his finger up, (he too was in a mood over not being a big fan of xmas and likes to let all of us know that he hates the day.)
So Dad called him a "rude, inconsiderate, arrogant bastard as this was his last xmas" So The Brat stormed off upstairs and remained there as much as possible over the day.
I was angry at The Brat for not understanding and not putting aside his selfishness for one day and told him so and got told to fuck off for it, so I wasn't happy with him either!
So there was already two rows and an even worse atmosphere in the house and all this before presents got opened!
Then my Dad's brother came to collect Dad to take him to his mother to see his sisters as he volunteered and Mum gratefully accepted, still determined to have nothing to do with them and their hyprocisty (sp?)
After all, we all know that they only want Dad to say sorry to them for no reason that he needs to and they wont make the move to apologise for the way they've treated him over the last 4 years!
Anyway, that's all over and done with now and the next time I expect we'll ever hear from them is the funeral and then they'll never bother to get in touch again.
Dad came back from there in the foulest mood possible and I still don't know what went on there and we went off to Nanny and Granddad's (My Mother's family)
Dad was really tired there and his tiredness made him come out with some really rude comments which luckily I don't think anyone took any notice off.
Came home and he demanded to go out, I've said before how awkward I find that as I'm not always strong enough to pull the wheelchair out of ruts and I've said it to The Brat, but do you think he volunteered to go out? Course he didn't he went upstairs and played his video games.
Sometimes he makes me so mad, I spend a lot of time running about after Dad as well as helping Mum with the housework and going to work himself, Brat will only do something if asked directly and if there's someone else to do it he'll get them to do it.
Anyway Mum reckons its cos he cant deal with being around Dad and his illness, I maintain that its sheer fucking laziness as I have a lifetime of covering up for him and doing his household chores in an effort to keep the peace.
Came back from Dad's work and Mum had already hit the happy juice while cooking the turkey and we finally got round to unwrapping presents, there was very little festive cheer in the day and as soon as it was over I bolted upstairs to play online for a bit and to watch telly to be away from that atmosphere.
Everyone went to bed at 8 and I sat up drinking myself stupid in an effort to forget such an awful day.

5 comments:

sunshine said...

Wow. Isn't Christmas grand. Try to ignore your brother for as long as you can. Siblings. Ugh.

So have you been hungover all this time? What the hell were you drinking? Did it help?

Miss Ya

HistoryGeek said...

It's always better to vent. Sorry to hear that things went so awfully.

Charby said...

working as much as possible Sunshine, worked yesterday and the day before!

Alecya G said...

You poor lamb. Did no one have a nice Christmas? *sigh* I hope it gets better, I really do.

I am, of course, sending you lots of hugs and any other happy, feel good vibe you might need, darlin'

*** - and drop me aline if you need something...
AG

Hyde said...

Just wanted to drop by to wish you a Happy New Year!!!

:)

h