Friday, December 16, 2005

I've got all my Xmas shopping done!! Wahoo! *Does victory dance around the coffee table*

I took Dad down to the standard today, its exhausting pushing that wheelchair down to there! All the roads are uneven and you really have to make an effort not to let him go careering off into the road!
You can't even go in a straight line cos you have to avoid the bumps so it takes twice as long as it should to walk down there.
I'm not too sure he'll be that keen to let me take him out again, as I refused to move out of the way of people standing in my way and if they didnt hear me when I asked them to move I drove straight at them. Idiots.
The slopes going down into the road are a pain in the arse too, the ones by the Royal Oak especially, they're surprisingly steep and then rise again really sharply which makes it hard to push along the road as I got caught in the rut, twice I nearly tipped him out, so I'm not sure he'll let me take him out again!

2 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

Oh, dear. Perhaps you should start with short jaunts around the block.

sunshine said...

Hey, but you got paid, right?

Glad to hear you are all done shopping. I'm not.