Saturday, December 17, 2005

I've just been to see Chronicles of Narnia!
(Why isn't there a nice bus that runs from my house to the Cinema in Greenwich? I have to go right out of my way to go to Woolwich to come back again!)
I loved the books as children, and who else had to watch the tv series in school with the moth-eaten Aslan? And if I remember rightly, the leader of the Wolf Police, walked on hind legs?
I wonder if this means they are planning on doing the series with the rest of the books?
Why didn't they start with The Magican's Nephew which is the first in the series?
Best bit I think though was the little girl a few rows along who was absolutely entranced by the film and at the moment when Aslan is seemingly dead on the stone table, leapt to her feet urging him to get up and was clapping and laughing at all of it.
Remember when you were that excited by a trip to the cinema?

4 comments:

HistoryGeek said...

That's so cool! I'm going to try to see it when I'm in Minnesota.

Hyde said...

Did you like it or not? B thought it was good; Narc thought it was awful. Just wondering...

-h-

weenie said...

I enjoyed it - the creatures were fab, especially Aslan and the battle scenes were excellent.

Good, but imo, not as good as the last Harry Potter movie.

I read all the books when I was younger but don't remember any of them except for this one and the Last Battle.

Charby said...

I loved it, but then I loved the books too Hyde.