Wednesday, December 14, 2005

So now that I now have a full weeks' work behind me. (Off now till Monday! - Wahhoo!)
What do I think of it?
Its nice enough, I think I've mastered the till, although I spent little time on it today, I proudly demonstrated twice how to ring up reduced prices, and got in and out of the staff-only area with no difficulties.
Wednesday seems to be the busiest day out of the three so far as its delivery day, with hundreds of dairy-free milk cartons coming in, packets of fruit and nuts and pills! Oh its a druggies paradise is they got hold of those crates!
I had to be up at 7 - while it was still dark! Its been ages since that's happened!
I liked that as I was busy all day, where as the other two days have involved a huge portion of just standing around and the time drags, however the other two ladies have been really nice and chatty which makes it a bit easier.
I'm learning to trust the till a bit too, I still panic when I look at how much change I need to give out as it seems wrong and I should be giving more and today we ran out of nearly all the change which nearly made my brain shut down in sheer terror as I tried frantically to work how to get 98p's worth of change with only 10's and 5p's.
I do like it though, its the kind of thing I could do happily for a while without getting too bored with it, or being too flustered and rushed of my feet.

4 comments:

sunshine said...

Jobs they all suck, but the pay is what keeps us going.

:)

Glad it's getting easier and is not as frightening anymore

HistoryGeek said...

It sounds like things are going swimmingly. And the first week done. Yay!

Hyde said...

It sounds like you're getting the hang of it! So far, so good, right?

:)

weenie said...

Well done - sounds like you're doing fine!