Monday, December 12, 2005

Working on a till is fairly scary stuff.
Not only do they have an enter key in the wrong place, so that when I press what is enter on a standard keyboard I get it wrong.
But I think I've got the hang of it, as long as I don't make a mistake - which has been fairly often - cos then I don't know how to fix it!
Customers appear to be strange people too, Woolwich has a lot of immigrant people living in it which terrifies me especially those with poor english or strong accents!
They also get huffy when they ask for something and I have to explain that I don't know how to do it, or where to find stuff yet.
And then throw a strop when you ask them for the correct change after trying to pay with a £20 note for something that costs £1.99, when you dont have enough change in the till, but they have the right money anyway. Bastard Cunts.
Anyway, I have to go back tomorrow so we'll see how that goes!!
I also got to see some of the nicer side of Woolwich after a guy came bursting out of M&S with packets of mince pies under his coat with a shop lady in hot pursuit, more braver than I'd be I think!

4 comments:

sunshine said...

So all in all, not so bad :)

weenie said...

You'll get the hang of the till very soon.

The people will always seem strange though!

HistoryGeek said...

In fact, they may get stranger and stranger. It sounds like you did okay first day!

Alex said...

There is only a few certainties in life - most to do with mortality and taxes, however, one of the less well known, but more obvious ones is that people are strange, and OTHER people really strange!

Keep it up Charby - the cash (and the experience) will be worth it.