Friday, March 11, 2005

All bow down to my greatness.
Yes, even you at the back!
There's not many people who can be rejected from a job just by asking for an application form!
Both jobs that I emailed yesterday didn't get back in touch and so I blow large rasberries in their general direction and see how they like that!
To be honest, I wasn't too fussed, A data entry job (zzzzzz) and an animal technican which I was HUGELY over-qualified for and being the suspicious person I am, made me think of animal testing, which is an iffy subject in itself.
I'm not quite sure that testing anti-cancer drugs on mice (for example) is really gonna help humans but I would kill 20,000 mice in order to stop one family going through what we're going through.
I'm not quite sure what the laws are on animal testing, at uni, we worked with goldfish which weren't supposed to die, even if they were sucidual and things like Daphnia and Drosphilia (aaah the good old days of breeding fruit flies to drug, examine and drown.) But unlike The Lizard I had no problems in attempting to "glue" live Daphnia to slides or feeding them to goldfish.
I did feel sorry for the flies bred, specifically for us to look at wings and then murdered, but they weren't a native species so I couldn't "liberate" them as much as I'd have wanted too.
I don't believe animals should be kept for us useless students to fiddle with, so I'd have had to find out a hell of a lot more about that job before rejecting it.
But hey! I'm not even good enough to have an application form from either of those jobs!
Annnnd! I get 4 weeks away from the Stinky-ass centre (job centre)! Whoo!
STF kept trying to talk me into going up to Derby tonight to go to Alton Towers tomorrow, and didn't believe me when I confessed to the fear of rollercoasters. (I even shat myself on a simulator at the May Ball!)

1 comment:

Flash said...

Just noticed the new "profile" bit, cool!