Sunday, August 14, 2005

What a birthday, not only are we top of the league but Bent's been called up to the England squad!
And look at my amazingly cool poem that Spinsterwitch did for me!

Who is Charby
It is hard
to give voice
to what is not fully fleshed
in my mind -
to piece together
who is Charby
when all I have are words on a page.

It is a whirlwind of:
cranberry juice
failed driving exams
footy
and fending off the impetuous R.

Then I saw that picture of you
sitting in the sand,
in the sun -So happy,
like you were playing with the world...
And I sawthat spark of joy,
distilled,
and knew that
was the spark of you.

Is that not just the funkiest thing ever! I love it so much and the fact that she actually took the time to think of something for me!

Now I'm scooting off as I have more relatives to tour and cake to eat and drink to drink!

Thank you all for birthday wishes! You all rock!

4 comments:

LavaLady said...

Happy Birthday Charby! I came by when I realized that Sunday was FINALLY HERE! Hope your day has been wonderful.
xoxo LL

sunshine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARBY!!!

HistoryGeek said...

Yay, and happy birthday!

weenie said...

Happy birthday yesterday!