Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ok. Here's the answers to my questions posed earlier.

1 - Billy. Its a settee (or a set'ee), occasionally a couch if we're feeling posh. Although we do own a sofabed. And I don't mind where it goes as long as its in prime TV position.
TV's in the bedroom rock, just so you can wake up in the morning and read TellyText and watch the cricket (and I loved watching the Korea World cup in bed, wake up, watch a match, go back to bed, wake-up, watch another match, get breakfast, watch that in bed with breakfast all without getting up!)

2 - Spinsterwitch1 - David Attenborough, just cos I'm sure he could tell amazing stories about the places he's been and the animals he's seen and Orlando Bloom for something good to look at.
And Dogs are better than Cats.

3 - Sunshine - I'm not a bloke so when I met Flash I didn't take much notice of his arse. However I'm sure that like the rest of him, its very nice too!

4 - SpinsterWitch2! - Yes, we get fog, not as bad as in the olden days when there was smog warnings but we do get fog. Derby was very good for fog, and it'd come down very quickly, making it unable to see across the street, like a little cloud had come to sit on the ground, very eerie and mysterious, I loved it.
I've never seen the Queen I'm afraid, she's always been out when I've doing the tourist bit at Buck House, and I think I missed her when she came to Bexleyheath not long ago.

5 - Flash - I think I'd like to have invisibility, so I could sneak into places, Oh! and the power to fly so I don't have to rely on public transport.
I think on the whole I'd use it for goodness, but of course, you can't be good all the time!
My superhero name would be SuperCharby - as I am lacking in imagination, or Invisi-girl! Defender of the good, and Stealer of Ice-cream.

12 comments:

Flash said...

Go SuperCharbs!

And may I say I thought you dealt with Sunshine's question very well!

sunshine said...

Grrrrrr!

Guess I'll just have to wait and find out for myself : )

HistoryGeek said...

Hmmm...you mean the queen doesn't lead the tourist groups?! Shocking!

Those last 2 questions were the ones that the Brit exchange students at my university used to get all the time. They said they wanted to have T-shirts with their answers made up...

Interesting response to sunshine's question...you seem to imply that women aren't interested in men's arses (taking Flash out of the equation for the moment). It may be true for you, but not for all women.

As for Flash, I agree. He's a lovely man in all his parts, I'm sure.

Charby said...

I didnt realise thats what I was implying.
But I don't notice things like that on blokes, I've never really been one for looks and that.

HistoryGeek said...

I guess I just reacted to the "I'm not a man, so..." part of the sentence. It's really a minor point, but it seemed like an interesting assumption to challenge.

Flash said...

I am rather lovely!

Flash said...

I'm also quite thrilled that we've got you USA types saying "Arse".

sunshine said...

Figured if I was commenting in your blogs use proper English.

And speak my English in my blog.

Except my few words, I love to torture....you know what they are Flashywashywoowoo.

Charby said...

We'll soon be getting them talking proper english soon!
And then we can move onto real english, like Cockney, not some dodgey northern accent!

HistoryGeek said...

Hey, now, I'm jist a girl from MinnesOta, dontcha know. It's hard enough speaking Californian sometimes.

You need to go slowly (although I do tend to pick up intonations pretty well when I'm in the company of "native" speakers).

Anonymous said...

Morning Charbs

Apologies for non posting lately.
Busy at work, walking in the Lake District etc.
Couple of things
I think i've worked out the Hatfield that's near Stockport. It's Huddersfield !?. Near Stockport if you live on Mars or are looking down from the space shuttle but to everyone else it's slightly nearer Leeds.
Also you must give serious thought to abandoning this driving test mularky.
You killed 2 minors and 2 majors !?!?, All in one go, (was it a bus stop jobby or did you target them seperately ?).
Nice pic by the way, although slightly disappointed it wasn't the full frontal nudity image that's been swimming around my head fot the last 3 months.

R

Flash said...

Oi Charbs!
Get over to Cheer up Alan Shearer & play our predictions game.
That goes for any other footy fans round these parts.