Sunday, July 10, 2005

How wicked is the Tony Christie song?
I am incredably fond of a nice bit of cheddar. (Its the reason why, I've just listened to Mmmbop 6 times in a row) and I love the video to it, its set as a cheesy 70's cop show or something and it has Hagrid in it! (ok, Robbie Coltrane Spoilsports!)
And it's made by "Amarillo Productions." And I can't quite remember the other bit but its something to do with "forMaria"
How legend is that?

Sleep like a baby,
my little lady,
Dream till the sunrise creeps into your eyes
Dream till the sunrise
Turns on the day.
In the Avenues and Alleyways while you sleep
there's a whole world coming alive
Abel and his brother,
fighting one another in and out of every dive
The Avenues and Alleyways where the strong and the quick alone can survive
Look around the jungle see the rough and tumble
Listen to a squealer cry
Then a little later in the morning paper
Read about the way he died.
Wake up my pretty
Go to the city
Stay through the daytime
safe in the sunshine
stay till the daytime turns into night.
In the Avenues and Alleyways
Where a mans gotta work out which side he's on
any way he chooses chances are he loses
no one gets to live too long
the avenues and alleyways
Where the soul of a man is easy to buy
everybody's wheeling everybody's stealing
all the low are living high
Every city's got em
can we ever stop em
some of us are gonna try.

Honestly it's ace (I promise to stop making my posts anto Hyde-length propertions, as of the start of next week)

No comments: