Wednesday, March 24, 2004

I HATE shopping. I Do. I hate it more than anything. Today I wandered into town to find MH a b'day prezzie.
1st stop New Look, where paranonia hits me and I become convinced that all the trendies are watching me and hating me. I guess the scars from school will never heal...
Anyway, find PERFECT top for MH and then get stumped by the sizes, I am not a shopper, I do not get all these size things.
So working on the idea that MH is about the same size as me I examine the tops and work on the idea that the number 8 just looks too small and the number 14 too big so I went for the middle choice, so far, so good, its fairly harmless.
I go to get into Mr Overdraft and the helpful assistant demands to see my New Look card.
My What? I do not go into New Look at all if I can help it, I do NOT need a New Look card.
"Are you sure you dont want one? It'll save you money..."
"MONEY?" It now has my full attention but I still do not really want one, I have HMV, MVC, Vigin cards that I never need. The only one I use is my WHSmiths card (God bless it!)
She explains it to me and it sounds like my Smiths card. So i figure its best to humour her, maths is not my strongest point and I try to ignore anything that has to do with numbers and indeed most of it goes over my head as I do not understand.
Anyway Helpful Assistant has talked me into it, so I agree to spend ten minutes filling in long complicated form.
I then discover that it is a form of credit card (I think...) and I have a £150 spending limit on it. Now I'm seriously confused, but I can pay it off at my Bank so as soon as I do get it i'm cutting the damn thing up and forgetting it.
So slightly baffled I continue, stopping off at the Toy Shop to see if they have anything cool in and the price of their LOTR3 Toys. (My new plan for riches when I am older is to collect all the toys and sell them on EBay for a million quid)
Next stop Clintons, dodging all the slow walking grannies and Granddads and Pushchair Brigade, that always seem intent on either walking two abreast, very, very slowly so you can not overtake OR and worse, they like to ram the pushchair into your ankles and then look at you like it is your fault.
Clintons nice and easy, I am NOT MH, I do not look for the card with a nice picture, nice words, I collect the first card that makes me giggle.
Only I have timed my adventure wrongly, The evil SchoolBrats are out for lunch and roaming The centre, looking for places to have fags, for pockets to pick (OK, maybe London bias sneaking in here) but again, linking arms and walking seven abreast, "AARRGGHHH!"
Feeling very frustrated and pissed off I hastily collect wrapping paper, investigate prices of LOTR3 toys in Woolies and decide that the ASDA ones are better value and retreat home.
Now I have to really get my arse in gear and sort out Entomology presentation and consider dinner, also feeling very tired.
Last night I decided to find out what the films were that have been bugging me for years, so from 8PM to 1AM I surfed the web and discovered that vague film memory number one (recarnated girl, had bad nightmares, died) was actually a film called "Audrey Rose" (Will be buying off of Amazon as soon as New Loan arrives.) The second film I had vague memories off was a lost girl being helped by a kangaroo, they sang lots of songs and was chased by a scary thing (Or something that was scary to a 6 yr old as I was at the time. This film is also awaiting My New Loan in order to be purchased and was called "Dot and The kangaroo Now just to prove that my loan does not entirely go on dodgey 80's movies, my train tickets arrived today. I am now allowed to go home tomorrow (Missing Themes and Issues in Biosciences!! Whooo!) and watch Charlton on Saturday, of course I will be back in Derby by Sunday as I am using the Easter holidays as a chance to catch up with all the work I lost when my bitch computer died on me, with all my notes and essays on.
Ah well, better stop talking bout work and get on with it...

No comments: