Saturday, March 27, 2004

Eating cold Chinese (YUMMY!) and thinking over the shocking game I witnessed today. Guessing its time to wave bye-bye to the always vague hope of Champs league, I hope we might still scrape UEFA but thinking that we still have to play Man U and Liverpool away, only the world's most optimistic optimist would say we can make it.
After the little funeral this morning, we watched Leeds get annihilated 4-1 by Birmingham. Then making the little walk down to The Valley, noticed that the Herminator wasn't there, guessing he was still suffering from the hamstring that he went off holding ice to in the Newcastle game.
We started brightly, I thought, but I think our goal (Cole) was actually the first shot we had on target, and we scraped the post a little while after that.
Di Canio was up to his usual tricks but as Dad commented, he was struggling to get into the game.
Not so much booing this year for JLloyd Samuel, I noticed and he really knew how to wind the crowd up, rubbing it in, Mind you Di Canio was making us giggle the way he was celebrating in front of us, He's such a passionate guy.
I think Hendrie pulled Euells shorts down to his ankles and thats easily a booking and as for the goalie - Sheesh!
I think JJ should have taken the penalty but good on Jensen, for having the guts to stand up and take it.
Final Score 2-1 Villa.
Now I'm downstairs alone, Mothership and Dad having gone to bed, so I'm making the most of not having to share the computer and listening to whatever music channel I like.

No comments: