Friday, February 01, 2013

So yesterday was pretty bad. I had such a stress headache!
The monthly NMC pin checks had to be done and as I suspected for a long time no one's ever thought to update it. So I set about it.
I came up with 60 confirmed names from those who had worked the last 6 weeks and then set about the task of tracking down their pin numbers and investigating if they were still registered, failed, lapsed etc.
Not an easy job when some of them didn't have pin numbers logged on the system so I had to hunt through their paper files - Oh and some of them didn't have it recorded on their paper files!
It was 4 hours of absolute frustration.
Then it was the usual race to the yard to get the comment of how she doesnt like the horses to be fed in this late. Not sure really what she expects me to do. I get there at 6.30 straight from leaving work at 5. I cannot get there any earlier!!
Anyway, had a lunging lesson which was interesting. Definately more practise needed I think.
Today I agreed to be a hero and go in tomorrow to try and help get a head start on what needs to be done.
Wishing I hadn't. But. Makes me look good, I get paid time and a half and Monday off for doing so.
Welshy has finished his first week! Just 4 to go till I have my epic week of adventures with him!

No comments: