Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wow.... Been a crazy 48 hours at work.My boss got sacked "with immediate effect" That leaves me second most experienced member of staff. Behind a girl who's been there three months longer than me. .
We had an internal audit of 10 staff... All of whom failed. Drastically. Enough to get us shut down immediately. Not sure how much of it was my bosses fault as he'd only been there since April and until I rocked up there was only two members of staff working on 903 candidates and the consultants are bastards for sending people to work before they are full 100% legal. So maybe he was the fall guy. Hopefully its made them realise what they need to do now to support us. Me. The other girl and the two new temps. One of whom started Monday.
So its a mental case of damage limitation now. I could build a decent sized fort out of the pile of the files in front of me.
I'd just started to feel at ease with what I was doing. I could work through it slowly and in a week. Now everything's turned on its head and I feel swamped and overwhelmed again. Like the wee dung beetle on Africa at the moment I'm pushing a dungball up a sand dune. Backwards.
I am feeling quite sorry for it at the moment! It keeps falling back down!
On to riding.
Lovely, lovely session yesterday. Was amazingly hard work and she bogged off with me twice but we got bend. We got her off the forehand and into a baby outline, all very good things. She complimented me on my "quiet seat and soft hands"
Going to learn to lunge tomorrow which'll be interesting should I survive another crazy day!

No comments: