Thursday, February 14, 2013

Bah tired.
My alarm isn't going off properly any more, just beeping like when I get a text, is a bit worrying.
Riding wasn't a success today. She just wasn't in the mood, if it was light out I'd have just hacked but don't have that option in the dark. God it seems like its been wet and muddy for ages! Even back in the last october-y days of Sunny Pony it was rainy and muddy then.
Bidding on a pair of stirrups. Strange new Pony Owner has brought me a second hand saddle, well its second hand for her pony but i'll be the only one using it, the kids have their own smaller one.
Needs stirrups though, so thought I'd give it a go (wish I'd kept the ones I gave away in the summer now!) not 100% sure of my stirrup size. Hoping 4 1/2 inches will be big enough. TBF they will cost me under a tenner if I win!
Never had flexi stirrups before, they have wee hinges at the base rather than being fixed like normal stirrups, so should give a bit more cushioning to my joints and should help keep my feet in the right position.
We'll see. If I don't win them, then I think I may go crazy and buy the beautiful bright metallic blue ones featured in the Robinsons Equestrian sale at the moment.
(and yes I realise the irony of this when my last post was about saving money!)

No comments: